NSW Department of Education Requirements
- Code of Conduct – SRE Teachers are required to be aware of and agree with the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn and the NSW Department of Education’s Code of Conduct. (http://cgcatholic.org.au/download/4880/)
- SRE Teachers’ Information – As per the Department of Education SRE Implementation Procedures, SRE Teachers’ names, dates of birth and contact details are provided to the schools they attend and this information is updated annually.
- Formation – There is regular, ongoing training in child protection, classroom management strategies and implementation of the curriculum. For more information on these areas please go to the links below for PD times (2018 CCD Dates). These are supplemented by regular mailouts (cgcatholic.org.au/catechists/home/catechist-newsletters/ )
- Review of SRE Teachers – SRE teachers are supported by a supervisor or colleague who provides feedback to the teachers. Teachers also participate in self-reflection on their classroom practices.
- Feedback and Self Reflection – The review of SRE teaching through supervisor or colleague feedback and teacher self-reflection is documented and the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn uses this information to identify areas of need and to determine where additional support may be required. The results of the review and efforts to enhance the quality of SRE teaching is reported to the department through the annual assurance process.
- Curriculum Review – The Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn uses external curriculum resources which are revised on a cyclic basis. cgcatholic.org.au/catechists/curriculum/