The Archdiocese is seeking a Journalist who is digital savvy and has proven traditional news writing skills.
The positions focus will be to develop original ideas and content (articles, videos, audio, infographics, and blogs, etc) that captures and then tells the unique stories of our Archdiocese, its parishioners, staff, and services.
The role requires a person who has a grasp of traditional reporting skills yet is passionate about creating new ways of online news that is clickable, readable and engaging on any size screen the user chooses.
The role requires
- An understanding of the evangelising mission of the Catholic Church.
- Exemplary writing skills and adept at utilising relevant digital and social channels
- Knowledge of online reporting and the necessary techniques required to engage the reader
- Confidence in approaching and engaging others to elicit stories and ideas
- Ability to work quickly and accurately using a web-based content management system
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism, public relations, or other relevant discipline, and experience in a similar Journalistic role.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- A team player who can work collaboratively with colleagues.
- At least three years’ journalistic experience and a degree in journalism/media/communications are preferable.
The position calls for a creative, industrious individual who wishes to work in an environment that utilises all communication media.
The position requires a self-starter with demonstrated journalistic experience and proven writing skills. Energetic and able to work independently and quickly, the successful candidate will be an effective team player who maintains high levels of personal organisation and commitment to assignments and tasks. They will be an all-rounder with a keen eye for detail and be able to put a story together with speed and style.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and commitment to the Catholic faith, along with an understanding of the evangelising mission of the Catholic Church.
How to apply
A complete application will include the following:
- A letter of interest addressing qualifications and experience as they relate to the responsibilities of the position.
- A professional resume.
Applications close on Sunday 27th May 2018. Please send your application to email@example.com
For more information about this position, contact: Jeanine Doyle ph:02 6239 9833 or email