Religious Education in Government Schools
“Go out to the whole world; proclaim the gospel to all creation,” (Mark 16:15).
The Religious Education in Government Schools (REGS) volunteers minister to children who are attending schools other than Catholic.
The focus of the REGS team is in the area of children’s ministry. REGS supports parish priests/leaders and the team of volunteer teachers with their work in:
- Schools of Religion in both ACT and NSW
- Special Religious Education in NSW
- Christian Religious Education in ACT through ecumenical partnership
The REGS program delivers:
- Authorisation and coordination of volunteers
- Support with implementation and development of Religious Education programs and resources
- Assurance of compliance with legislation
- Nationally recognised training
- Retreats and events to allow individuals to encounter the person of Jesus
- Recruitment strategies
- Consultative planning for the future
- Networking and association with state and national bodies such as the Catholic Conference of Religious Educators in State Schools NSW
See resources links below.
Key Dates for 2015
Catechist Celebration Masses
- November 18, Wednesday Queanbeyan (Northern), 12pm
- November 20, Friday, Young (Western), 12pm
- December 1, Tuesday, Pearce (Central), 6.30pm
- December 9, Wednesday Merimbula (Coastal), 12pm
- December 10, Thursday Jindabyne (Monaro), 12pm
Deacon Matt Ransom
(02) 6163 4324
(02) 6163 4380 (Mon-Tues)
Click here to view the application forms page.