Decommissioning of the Dalmeny church
FORTY parishioners came together recently for the decommissioning of the Our Lady Queen of Heaven Church at Dalmeny.
Archdiocesan Vicar General, Fr Tony Percy officiated at the decommisioning of the 106 years old heritage-listed south coast church. He was assisted by Narooma Parish Priest, Fr Joseph Tran.
The heritage listed timber church was built in 1911 west of Bodalla on the far South Coast.
It was transported to Dalmeny (10km north of Narooma) and reopened in 1956, but has been closed for the last seven years.
Parishioners and well-wishes alike recounted memories of the church and its history.
The building, together with a vacant adjoining block located on prime land, both with ocean views, has been placed on the market.