Manager Financial Services
Canberra & Goulburn
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn is looking for an enthusiastic, systems minded financial professional with senior experience in accounting, payroll, BAS/GST and financial reporting. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Manager (Financial Services) is responsible to the Archdiocesan Financial Administrator for the overall accounting and financial reporting functions of the Archdiocese and its activities in accordance with acceptable accounting standards and principles.
Specifically, the position will be responsible for the following:
- Financial management and reporting.
- The preparation and monitoring of comprehensive budgets.
- The preparation of all statutory and compliance reports.
- Supervision and authorisation of payroll service.
- Accounting for the vehicle fleet.
- The preparation of accurate and timely monthly and annual financial statements for the Archdiocese and associated entities.
- Archdiocesan and parish audits.
- The enhancement and maintenance of accounting and operational controls.
- Financial analysis, modelling and interpretation.
- Supporting parishes with finance and administration obligations.
- Tertiary qualifications in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting or other qualifications relevant to this role.
- Experience in accounting or auditing within the NFP sector (desirable but not essential).
- Experience with MYOB (desirable but not essential).
- Support the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Attention to details, quality and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, work independently and exercise initiative.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relations.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications with the details of three referees should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org