Parenting & Family Life
- The Parenting Children Course (0-10 years)
- The Parenting Teenagers Course (11-18 years).
- Are run over 10 weeks x 1 hour, via zoom, during lunch hour
- Include a workbook and practical tools to strengthen families
- Include video presentations by course creators Nicky & Sila Lee plus interviews with parents and parenting experts
- Include time to connect with other parents, discuss the content and complete exercises
To express an interest in participating in or running a parenting course in this Archdiocese contact us here.
Find out more at https://www.marriagecourse.org.au/more-courses
The Family Board Meeting is a 5 week course offered online from time to time. It is designed to help parents become intentional about their vision, goals, and strategies for their family life.
The next course starts Friday April 9 and runs till Friday May 7 but is on during the daytime in Australia (8pm-9:30pm Thurdays, Eastern Time, USA).
The cost is around $160 AUD and the Archdiocese is currently offering a 50% sponsorship to families who would like to try it out for us.
Course Schedule (5 x 90 minute sessions)
- Welcome and Opening Session "Affirm & Assess"
- Session 2 "Answering the Call to Greatness"
- Session 3 "Family Culture & Goals"
- Session 4 "Discerning Your Family's Priorities"
- Session 5 "Making it a Reality"
The 2 courses we currently offer are:
- Bringing up Great Kids, a course for parents with younger children; and
- Resourceful Adolescent Program for Parents (RAP-P), relevant to parents with children over 10 years of age.
Funded partly by the Australian Government Department of Social Services
GRoups & movements
In Amoris Laetitia Pope Francis celebrates the way Catholic groups, movements and communities “strengthen marriages and help them to grow” and how this, in turn, enables couples “ to be generous, to assist other families and to share the faith” (AL 229).
In the Archdiocese of Canberra Goulburn we are blessed with many groups and movements which promote and support the lay vocation of Marriage and family life.
Don & Carmie Velasco
0420 829 393
The Community seeks to create a culture that is supportive of marriage and family life, by facilitating a lifestyle that promotes Christian marriage and Christian values. The fruit of this life is seen in strong marriages and families, and a youth culture built on faith based friendships.
We experience many large communal celebrations of weddings and consecrated life.
Peter & Judy Mullins
Mobile: 0403 851 917
The Focolare movement seeks to bring about this communion among its members, within the Catholic Church, between the Christian Churches, among persons of different religions and with non-believers. Its members, whilst predominantly Catholic, include people from all denominations and religions.
As well as youth, pre-marriage and marriage formation, the Focolare movement has diverse international projects focussing on families in need.
Keith & Anna Linard
0412 376 324
0470 455 579
“I recognise the Neocatechumenal Way as an itinerary of Catholic formation valid for our society and for our times” (St John Paul II, 1990).
Gerald & Tania Scerri
0426 236 662
Tim & Genevieve Power
0437 013 328
In the Year Amoris Laetitia Family Pope Francis is calling on groups and movements “to devise more practical and effective initiatives” to support marriage and family life (AL 199)