Vocation Matters: Seminary prospects to ‘Come and See’ at Open Day
BY FR PAUL NULLEY (ARCHDIOCESAN VOCATIONS DIRECTOR)
DURING this Year of Youth and as the Church journeys towards the Synod of Bishops on Young People, the Faith and Vocational Discernment to be held in Rome in October this Year, there will be a focus on Vocations promotion in the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn.
There will be a number of vocational events advertised over the coming months during this year.
The first you are invited to attend the Seminary of the Good Shepherd’s annual ‘Come and See’ Open Day on March 11.
Archdiocesan seminarians Eden Langlands, Foliga Etuale, Lordhu Raju and Mark Ha, will be available to show you around on the day and you’ll have a chance to speak with them about their vocational and seminary journey.
‘Come and See’ is a good opportunity to explore the environment where priests are formed.
While it might be a daunting prospect to consider attending the seminary open day, the fact remains that God wants to do great things in each one of us, but for this to happen we need to respond to His call.
At the open day there will be a variety of people at different stages of their vocational journey and it is a great opportunity to meet other men who are discerning a call to priesthood.
Anyone who is interested in attending ‘Come and See’ or are feeling drawn to the priesthood are encouraged to be in touch.
– Fr Nulley says if there is enough interest from single men wanting to attend ‘Come and See’ that a car will leave St Christopher’s Cathedral at 5am on March 11; and return at approximately 6pm. For more information, or to book your spot, contact Fr Nulley at email@example.com
Seven Scripture verses for those discerning the priesthood
1. (Jeremiah 29:11-14) “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope……”
2. (John 15:13) “Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
3. (Matt 19:12) “There are eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom.”
4. (Matt 28:19-20) “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
5. (John 21:15) “…..He said to him (Peter), feed my lambs.”
6. (Matt 4: 19-20) “And He said to them, “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men. Immediately they left their nets and followed Him.”
7. (Luke 10:2) “And he said to them, The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few.”
– These verses are not limited to those discerning then priesthood.